Regular meetings are the glue that binds together all of our activities.
Amwell Rotary Club meet for dinner on Monday evenings at The Salisbury Arms Hotel in Fore Street, Hertford.
The fellowship we enjoy over a meal, and the friendships that grow from that, reflect in the many and varied service projects we undertake and the other good causes that we support each and every year.
These meetings will often include a talk by a guest speaker and recent subjects have included :-
- The work of the Thames River Police
- Just be a Child - a local charity working in Africa
- Medical Detection Dogs
- Small World - Big Data, The work of IBM's Watson Group
- The Receiver General of Westminster Abbey
- Kisses for Kids - a local charity supporting children with life limiting conditions
- The work of Midshires Search & Rescue
- The Under Sheriff of Hertfordshire
- Eva Schloss - Holocaust survivor
- The Jubilee Sailing Trust
- Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- Riding for the Disabled
- The Inns of Ware
- Historic Hertford
We are also delighted to be able to welcome other guests and visitors along to our meetings, especially representatives from the many local charities and good causes we support throughout the year, our Youth Bursary students, Rotary Global Grant Scholars and other local Rotary Club members.
There is also a certain amount of Club Business that needs to be conducted.
To this end, Club Committees meet on average once every two months - to review our activities and to plan for future events. These meetings are usually held after dinner at our regular Monday night meetings, and they will be followed one or two weeks later by a Club Business meeting where all members will be able to raise any issues, ask questions or contribute ideas.
See our DIARY PAGE for further details of forthcoming meetings.